Some Items from my Etsy Shop.

Saturday, May 5, 2012

simple DIY planters



Since Spring has sprung, I have been feeling like my house is in need of some life and so I decided to buy some house plants. ( I went with Cacti because I figured they needed the least amount of attention) I searched and searched for the perfect planters and couldn't find them. So naturally, I decided to make my own. I bought this set of three wooden planters at Michael's craft and chose three colors. Right now, I am really into the corally orange-ish red color, so I got that, a lime green and a turqouise. (also a darker blue for an accent color).


 I repainted them about three times until I kind of got something I liked- I still wasn't sure about them until I put the cacti in the planters and then I thought the simple and rustic designs kind of went well with the cacti. Painting the cacti planters made me want to branch out a little. So, I bought another plant (this one requires more attention- so we will see how long it lasts :( )




2 comments:

  1. Hi I'm Heather! Please email me when you get a chance, I have a question about your blog! LifesABanquet1(at)gmail.com

    ReplyDelete

  2. I must appreciate the blogger. This is the most useful blog for everyone.Thanks for sharing.
    clipping path service

    ReplyDelete