Some Items from my Etsy Shop.

Tuesday, November 1, 2011

It's (almost) the most wonderful tiiiiime of the yeaaaaar!

oh yay. my husband and I have this debate every year at this time....when is it okay to put up Christmas decorations? We figure we have to at least get through Halloween.

 So.....November 1st?

I know, I know, it is getting ridiculous, but I love the Holiday Season. I think besides the standard reasons to like Christmas (building a snowman, lighting the fire, drinking hot chocolate, spending time with loved ones) I love it because there is so much fun stuff for me to DO! Making gifts, wrapping them, DECORATIONS!

 And I have a REALLY good excuse to make a mess b.c. if anyone loves Christmas more than me it's my husband: "But babe, it's a Christmas decoration!"

 I've already got a list going of Christmas DIY ideas and if I can't put them up on November 1st, I can at least start making them, right? RIGHT??
I love anything that incorporates branches! I found this on pinterest but unfortunately it didn't have a credit. I think I've seen it in a decorating magazine (like that narrows it down)

 This is from the amazing website craftaholicsanonymous.com, you can go there for decorations. I was thinking of doing the pom poms out of tissue paper, but then it couldn't go outside...hmmmm decisions, decisions! 
 This lovely craft comes from Craftynest.com. I love how simple it looks but it makes a big statement, and I think I could do something like this with the kids in my art class! 
 This beautiful Christmas mantle and garland comes from Dottie Angel's Flickr: http://www.flickr.com/photos/dottieangel/5212171753/ if this is her home....I am AMAZED and jealous. 

another easy ornament idea from greatgreengoods.com.  


I LOVE this DIY idea! It is just the the project I could get obsessed with...time consuming but so cute! Hmm....maybe I'll start on this one first. from hiphiphoorayblog.com


any diy projects you can't wait to get started on? 

No comments:

Post a Comment